Thursday, December 18, 2008

OCM

Just wanted to share something that I found to be interesting. OCM stands for oil cleansing method. It is a method of cleaning your face with oil. The blend that I made was jojoba (50%), grapeseed (25%), castor (25%), and tea tree (20 drops).

First I rubbed/massaged my face with the oil mixture. I wet a wash clothe with water as hot as I could stand it and put it on my face. Once it cooled a bit I wiped my face with it. I rewet it and wiped it again. After that I applied a couple of drops of jojoba oil.This morning a bump that was on my face last night had gone down dramatically. Who'da thunk it? Anyway, just thought I would give you the tip. You can find vids on youtube if you just search OCM.

10 comments:

new2locs said...

Very interesting. Who would have thought that you could cleanse with oil. I'll have to check it out. Keep us updated as time goes by if you continue to cleanse with it.

Titus 2 Thandi said...

Cool!Have a great weekend.

NAPturALLBluT said...

That's sounds like it would work! I am going to have to try it.

Anonymous said...

I've been researching the method for some time and will be doing it once I'm done with my current products.

Some have complained that it's been to drying, all that's needed is an adjustment to the castor oil & jojoba/sunflower/etc ratio.

Question, do you use sunblock?

Earth Mother Guidance said...

Meikmeika, I just put a little castor in my mix and I use jojoba. My skin is simply radiant...well not yet, but it's well on it's way. I don't use sunscreen, but do you have any suggestions that are au naturale?

Anonymous said...

Cool combination. I have one I purchased with carrot oil and wheatgerm which works better good but I don't keep up with it like i should. I need to revisit that product.

Earth Mother Guidance said...

Ittybitty,
I clean my face about once a day, but some people do it twice. For me, I think that would be over kill.

Anonymous said...

Sunblock is always confusing to me since I grew up thinking I would never need it, now I'm hearing differently.

When I visit Whole Foods I get frustrated cause there's so many options. Do I use SPF 15, 20, 30? When I was younger sunblock would break me out in a rash...

So I guess what I'm tryin to say is...I don't have any suggestions...hehe!

Earth Mother Guidance said...

MeikMeika,
I know that you should always pick the highest SPF. You may have to try it on a little spot again, because a lot of children are allergic. I have heard a lot about Shea Butter being used as a sunblock although I don't know how much SPF it has.

KnottyAuthor said...

oooo i'm going to try this and your skin is GLOWING!