Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Freeform Loc Love Update

Okay so I thought I would catch you all up on what my hair is looking like and how I'm feeling about it these days. There have been a few times when these girls have almost bit the dust. I was having issues with keeping my hands out of my hair so I would just shampoo when I felt the need to "fix them" or otherwise manipulate them. The turning point was when my husband told me how in love he is with my hair and that he thinks this is the best style I've ever had. Well, that sealed the deal. So my next problem was/is that I have 2 that aren't defined locks, but rather little bunches of hair. I have to be honest. I molest the mess our of those little bunches of hair, but feeling them lock is quite interesting. 

At the end of the day I am having to learn to trust my hair which is what I have been telling people for years. The other day one of my "clients" came over to get her hair styled. I put quotes around client because she is a freeformer. OMG!!! Her hair was straight LIONESS!!! I was SO JEALOUS and SO MOTIVATED!!! Her  hair is gorgeous. We braided it and she sat under the dryer for about 15 minutes which is her time limit, and then we just pinned it up into a style. She called me today to tell me that the style even ALMOST won her aunt over which is a BIG deal. lol The funny thing is that I am learning a lot from what here hair is doing. For example the front ones want to join and because she was popping them they were getting weak. I told her to that she could pop some but let the weak ones marry for strength. Y'all I am so excited. We'll being going out of town this weekend and it feels nice not to have to worry about making sure that my hair is done any particular way. It is what it is...literally. Hope you enjoy the update pics. There will probably be more when we go out of town. I'll try to remember to post them in a timely fashion. 

I know you can't really see my hair, but I looked cute. ;)
  
This is what I do when I wanna be super cute OR when I am going to be around folks what I don't care to explain the process to. No, I am not one of those people that likes to have those discussions about what I'm doing with my hair.

I was beaming from watching my lovely children in a performance of the Wizard of Oz.

I will be removing those beads because I am using them to cheat and train some locks to grow together. :(

1 comment:

Titus 2 Thandi said...

You look beautiful.That is all!